I really did intend to update my blog every week but it just isn’t happening. I want to and I mean to but finding a quiet moment without any onlookers is almost impossible. Since I have blogged last, we have bought a house! We closed on Thursday and have taken some small stuff over but won’t move in officially until the 20th of this month. Unfortunately, once the previous owners moved their stuff out, we realized that we have a much longer TO DO list than we had originally thought. So, we have some cleaning and some painting to do but it will be worth it!
As for our kids, Nick is moving to his new cottage tomorrow. He was going to move on the 15th but since his new houseparents go off duty on the 11th, they decided to move his date up some. We still have Jacob and aren’t sure of his moving date yet. Please be praying for him, he hates homework more than anyone I have ever met in my life and it makes for some stressful times for all of us in ear shot. Please be praying for his new houseparents as well. This will probably be a very trying time for them since Jacob has resorted back to his defiant school year ways.
Lynn is super excited about the changes in his future. He asks us “how much longer until we move” every day or so. He also has been asking us what we get to take with us…like the sidewalk chalk, the playstation, his favorite towel, etc. For a while he was really concerned about whether or not he would get to have an allowance still. We had told them (really for Candace’s sake) that we were not going to be rich since I was going to teach and Ross was going to stay home. I knew that Candace needed to hear this but I didn’t think about what this information might mean to Lynn. At one point he was asking if he could sell some stuff online or maybe even have himself a yard sale so he could have some extra cash. It was really funny! He has dropped that for now and I am glad about that but it really was quite amusing!
Candace has gone job hunting in Spring Hill once already. We are hoping she’ll get a job very soon so that she has something to occupy her time once we leave TBCH…plus she’s 16 and is dying to have a cell phone, of course! Candace is also excited to be adopted but I think this move will be tough on her since she is so used to having friends surrounding her here at TBCH. Please pray she gets a job soon and makes some friends in Spring Hill.
Teaching has been such a blessing so far and I absolutely love everyday! I also love that Lynn is at school with me. I see him 4 or 5 times a day and am able to talk to him and his teachers as needed and I think this is going to be a year of huge growth for him because of it. Lynn has some special needs and me being so close allows me to be sure his needs are being met. It also gives me a leg up on homework time which has been very helpful.
This summer, when I didn’t get the high school teaching/coaching job that I really wanted, I was so bummed! I didn’t understand why God would show me that job, allow me to have a wonderful interview, and a positive phone call from the principal afterwards, only to have the new principal slam the door abruptly in my face. Now, a few months later, it makes perfect sense. God wanted me at Heritage Middle School with my 12-year old son, Lynn. I am go glad that God doesn’t answer all my prayers the way I want him to because if he did, I would have been teaching high school this year instead of teaching middle school while bonding with Lynn.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment