Saturday, September 13, 2008

Working Mom Woes

Today, although it was a Saturday, was my first really tough day as a working mom. I had a lot going on this week and wasn't able to spend much time with Justus and I think that this has pushed Justus to total defiance. He only wants me and then when he has me, he isn't happy with me either. Tonight as I fought with him again to get him ready for bed, I lost it. Overcome not with anger or impatience, but with sadness. Sad that Justus is acting out to get my attention. I used to have lots of one-on-one time with Justus while our other kids were at school but that is obviously not an option for me and Justus now. When I do see Justus, there's always a crowd around and so I may be seeing Justus but I am also helping with homework, catching up on the day, making dinner, etc. I am not sure what to do about this but I have to do something. I think I will try to pick one day a week and make sure to have alone time with Justus on this day. It's important to me and I think it will make a world of difference to him. Now I need to figure out when I can spend time with Ross and God too.
Our last day of work is Monday and then we plan on moving on Saturday! Yippee!! We have lots of packing to do, a room to paint (painted one today, thanks Tristin!), carpets to be cleaned, items to buy, etc, etc. I am looking forward to next Sunday already...the day after move day!

No comments: