Thursday, August 21, 2008

Things to come...

I have been thinking about some of the things that will be different in our lives once we leave TBCH. One that keeps coming to mind is that we should have holidays off now. Working at TBCH makes holidays challenging, as our family knows all to well. This shouldn't be the case anymore!
Another change is that we should have more time and energy for serving others now. We have been so caught up in life here at TBCH that we have done little to nothing for anyone not on campus(other than our recent mission trips). I spoke with one of the youth pastors at church tonight and she mentioned us helping with the youth at church once we get settled in. She's been working on us volunteering for sometime now but we have always declined since we had little left to give at the end of a long week here. I wondered how Candace would feel about that so I mentioned it to her tonight and she thought it was a good idea...this surprised me for some reason but I was glad to hear her response. I haven't even talked to Ross about volunteering yet but I can see him wanting to jump right in! We shall see!
Another change is that Ross and I will hopefully get to be more involved in activities as a couple. When you have 7 kids, you just don't get to spend much time together. We have actually already joined a home group through church and I am SO EXCITED ABOUT IT! We met last night and it ended up being just us, the Arrington's and the Abair's. It was so cool to be sitting with Ross and our 4 best friends as we talked about what our priorities were and what they should be!
There are other changes that I am not so excited about like...we have to pay bills, pay for gas, and buy our own food now! It seems odd that we haven't done those things in over 2 years but, the positive changes certainly outweigh the negatives and we are so excited to become a family of 5!!

No comments: