Saturday, May 17, 2008

5K Race - Thanks!

Today was our annual 5K race here at TBCH. The 5K Race is what began our time here at TBCH. We volunteered at the race in 2005 and applied to be houseparents just months later. Needless to say, it changed our lives forever. Thanks to all of our family and friends who continue to volunteer, run the race, and/or watch Justus so we can run the race! We had another great turn out today so, thank you Jen, Jason, Jennifer B. (second place!), Chris, Michael, Shelly, Jack, Andy, Leah, Brian, Veer, Joe, Jeff, Caroline, and Andrew. We love you guys!
A big thanks goes out to my mom and dad who watched Justus for us today. They were on vacation in Gulf Shores and decided to end vacation early due to the rain so they came and spent the night with us on Friday. This was one of those things that could so easily be considered a "coincidence" but I know it was much more than just that. We didn't have a plan for Justus yet for race day and we desperately needed one. I had just assumed that I would end up taking care of Justus and hoping that Ross could do all that needed to be done for the kids' activities at the race but since mom and dad were here, Ross and I were able to work together to get everything done. It was awesome! So, we got to work and run the race and it was a perfect day. Another huge blessing was that Justus was NOT attached to me today like he tends to be. He didn't cry for me at all! He played with his Nana and Papaw while I worked and ran. Yeah God!
We also celebrated Ross' 31st birthday today. No mohawk this year though, just lunch at Pie in the Sky and Chocolate Mousse Pie.

No comments: