Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prayers Answered and Unanswered

Why is it that sometimes it seems like God just won't answer your question? Our pastor talked about this a couple weeks ago and he said that he thinks God answers every question but I just don't know that he does. Well, maybe God answers every question but it may take years for Him to answer. I don't get it. Why can't God just say something like "Jenny, you just aren't ready to hear this answer yet so, hang on" or "be patient and I will answer when the time is right"? But, this question that I have been asking has not been answered at all...at least I haven't heard the answer. I have struggled with whether or not to share this in my blog but today I have decided to go ahead and share. Who knows, maybe God will hear your prayers and answer you? Ross and I have felt a very special bond with 2 of our kids for a long time now and have wondered if we should adopt them. We have prayed about this a lot, talked about it tons, and played out various scenarios in our heads but the fact of the matter is, we haven't heard God's answer. We keep talking and we keep praying and we keep listenting and we keep hoping but again, NO ANSWER. I feel like I will be okay no matter what his answer is but I just want to hear something you know? Until then, I'll keep praying without ceasing because that's all I know to do.

Even though God won't answer my question regarding His will for us to adopt, he did answer my prayers today regarding car keys and he answered in such a strange way. Here's the story, I have been looking for keys to one of our work vehicles for the last 24 hours. I had looked in all the obvious places around the house and just could not come up with them. I had even called my mom and dad to see if they took them by mistake but again, I had no luck. This afternoon, before I laid down for a nap, I realized that if I didn't find the car keys before 3:30, that Candace would not be able to practice her driving today as I took her to skit practice for our Ukraine trip. So, I went on to sleep and while I was asleep, I believe that God told me to look in the pocket of my jeans. Strange huh? So, when I woke up after my 30 minute nap, I did just as I was told and I found the keys in my jeans' pocket. THANK YOU GOD! Now if I could only get Him to put the answer to my adoption question in my pocket, I'd be golden!

No comments: