This week was the hardest to date and Friday was definitely the grand finale. Our raging 10 year old raged on and on all week and 4 of our 5 other kids are also in some kind of trouble. It has been a very painful week to say the least. When I finally got to bed last night I breathed a sigh of relief believing that the week of hell was finally over. And it is over. It's an off campus weekend so we only have Lynn and Tangueray right now so things are very calm and peaceful today. This morning, I played my mother's day card a day early in order to sleep in... and staying in bed until 10:30 today was one of the best gifts I have ever received! Now, Justus is napping and Ross is catching some extra zzzz.... much needed after this terrible week. I really don't know what is going on around here. Our social worker believes it's spiritual warfare but I don't know if it's that or maybe God is closing this door for us. My friend Jennifer suggested that perhaps this is just a tough season that we are going through while Ross thinks perhaps we are being pruned. Ross and I aren't sure what it is exactly but we are praying that God would speak clearly to us and turn things around ASAP. I don't know how much more of this frustration and chaos that I can take but each day God has granted me just enough patience and energy for the day.
On a positive note, Lynn continues to make progress with his behavior and following directions! He has been our little superstar lately! Tangueray seems much happier and is really diving head first into the word of God. She is a passionate follower who like most, struggles with being consistent with her walk. Another positive is that we are figuring out how to find a few special minutes here and there with each of our children. Thank you Laura for the suggestions you sent our way! Finally, Justus woke up on Monday morning feeling much, much better...thank you God!
We are looking forward to this next week. Believing that it will be better than the last.
Happy Mother's Day to all you mommas!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are praying for you...especially that God will hold you close to Him & give you glimpses of Him & His hand in all that is going on. Hope you're having a better week this week. Love you guys!
Karey
Post a Comment