Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Update - Cliff Notes Version

I wish I had the time and energy to give you a full update on all that is happening lately, but I don't. Last night I sat down and began typing an update but got tired and didn't finish it. So, here's the cliff notes version...
  • Wonderful Easter celebration with Ross' family in Cunningham, TN where Lee (Ross' brother) is a pastor. Our nephew Morgan was confirmed during the Easter service and we were glad to get to be there to see it.
  • Jacob, a 10 year old boy, moved into our house on Sunday and is now Lynn's roommate.
  • We had a great day yesterday taking a walk and then playing soccer together as a big family on our new mini soccer field built by an Eagle Scout in the area. Finished up the evening by having "Fried Surprise Night". This is when we pick out all kinds of sweet stuff and cover it in funnel cake batter before frying it. Not so healthy but lots of fun.
  • Iesha, a 14 year old girl, moved into our house today putting our total up to 5 kids plus Justus. She will start school tomorrow or Friday.
  • Lots of change going on as we add kids and try to figure each one out. The dynamics around here change with each addition and make things more complex. Pray for us as we try to figure out ways to motivate and love each child God places in our care.

I'll try to give more info on our Jacob and Iesha when things calm down some. God is doing some really cool stuff around here and it's fun to see him in all the little details. For example, we had a surprise visit from Licensing this week and they came to check our house the one day of the year that our dogs were at the vet. We know this wasn't a coincidence, but God's brilliant plan. I pray that you will see Him in the little details of your lives as well.

No comments: