Thursday, March 27, 2008
Homesickness
Some nights are good and some are bad. Tonight is a bad one. Jacob (10 years old) is totally upset and refusing to go to bed. He began as defiant and angry but as the evening has progressed, he has become sad and admitted he was homesick. I can't imagine moving away from Mom and Dad at the age of 10. Sometimes I forget the heartache our kids endure. We do our best to make this home for them but we can't give them the one thing they so desperately cry out for, their Mom/Dad. I asked Jacob why he wanted to leave and what he "hated" about it here and he said "my family's not here". At that, I had no response. He's right, his family is not here and he cannot be there with them. Please pray for him and please pray for wisdom for us. Ross is talking with him now (yes, it's during the UT basketball game) and hopefully progress is being made. My heart breaks for him. He has wounds that only God can heal. He is very interested in the Bible and learning more about this God we talk about so hopefully he will find God and will recognize that his Heavenly Father is with him always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are praying! Love you guys!
Post a Comment