I haven't been blogging much lately because nothing great or terrible has happened lately with the kids. Actually, cottage life is going really well right now. The kids all seem to be getting along better now than ever before and for the most part, everyone's behaving right now too! Thank you God!
What hasn't gone as smoothly is our turmoil within. Ross and I really want to adopt C&L but we aren't sure when or how to do this. I actually came across a teaching/coaching job on the Internet in Williamson County and decided to update my resume and just give it a shot. I visited the school on a Monday and had an interview the next morning. I interviewed with the principal and athletic director for over and hour and everything went great! I left feeling sure that they would offer me the job on Friday. I got the call Friday morning and sure enough, they wanted to hire me BUT, my endorsement didn't allow me to teach one of the three classes they wanted me to teach. So, they gave me some ideas of who to call and what to do and I went to work trying to add the endorsement or get an alternative license. The principal and I both were working to get my licensing woes taken care of but neither of us had had any luck yet. Then, she contacted me last week saying that this would be her last week as principal at that school and the new principal would begin on July 1st. I was so sad to hear this news since she was ready and excited to hire me and was just sure we could get the necessary endorsement added or even change the classes that I was to teach. So, I waited until yesterday, July 1st and called to hear my fate at Independence High School. My conversation lasted less than a minute as the new principal informed me that one of their football coaches would be moving up from the middle school to teach high school business, and just like that, the teaching position was officially filled. And I was officially bummed. I was hoping that I could teach and we could adopt C&L as soon as possible but it just didn't work the way I had dreamed it would. We are not sure what we are to do now. Me going back to teaching/coaching made sense in our minds but nothing else seems to. We don't know what God has in store but we do know that "Great is Thy (His) faithfulness"...this song played over and over in my head all day yesterday. I know that He is faithful and that He is in charge of every detail of everyday of our lives, I just wish he'd give us a tiny little glimpse of His will right now.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been praying! I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment. God has a great plan & I'll be praying for peace for you as you seek it! Love you guys!
Post a Comment