Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Blog Slacker

Man, I am a blog slacker! I check everyone else's blog everyday, seriously everyday and I get sad when the blogs aren't updated yet, I haven't updated mine in a couple weeks now. SORRY! I am really going to do better, I promise.

The last 2 weeks have been nuts. I decided to go ahead and take a class to renew my teaching license in case another teaching opportunity presents itself so I was really busy with that last week. I received the CD-ROM in the mail on Monday and faxed my completed coursework in on Friday before heading out of town. It took about 20 hours or so to complete the class which is a lot considering we had a house full of 7 kids most of last week. I was surprised how much I enjoyed taking the tests and writing the required papers and article reviews. It's been 7 years since I have taken a class so it was fun to be a student again...especially since it was only a week long class! Now, I am waiting on my transcript from Trevecca so I can renew my license. An angel at Trevecca named Dr. Hand is going to add an endorsement for me so I will be certified to teach more classes, one of which is Keyboarding, so that is very exciting!! Dr. Hand originally told me that I would need to take 12 hours before she could add the endorsement but within minutes of our meeting, she talked to someone in another office and came back saying she could add the endorsement if my transcript matched up with their requirements. I know that this was certainly the favor of the Lord. I felt sure that He was going to work this out and it seems that He has. I don't have my new license in front of me yet but everything is pointing to my renewal and added endorsement happening any day now. THANK YOU GOD!

I am really wanting to kick some bootie tonight as our girls are all in trouble right now. It appears that their last couple weeks of summer will be very slow since they will pretty much be grounded until school starts back. Why do teenagers do the things they do? I know, they want to be cool, popular, accepted, etc but WHY? I was telling one of our girls today that the people she's trying to impress now will mean nothing to her in probably 2 years. Odds are that she'll never even see most of these people again once she graduates. I told her that basically it comes down to this question: Who are you living for - God or Satan? This girl has the gift of leadership so I told her that she's either leading for Him or the evil one. I explained to her that you can "be good" for a short time, maybe a month or two even, but until you decide to truly walk with God everyday, you'll struggle. I think that's pretty much where she's at. She is trying really, really hard not to mess up. She doesn't want to get in trouble. She doesn't want to disappoint us but she's trying with her own strength and not HIS. She seems to have learned a lot already from this mistake and I am hoping and praying that this will jumpstart her relationship with Him.

Unfortunately for the other 2 girls, there's no remorse. No accepting of responsibility. No apologies. Nothing. I don't know what to say to them. I am praying that God would guide me as I talk with them more b/c I am clueless.

As for the boys, everyone seems to be doing okay. L is at bug camp every morning this week and J will be at Royal Family Kids Camp next week. N is still N, he doesn't seem to be maturing or making progress right now but he's not regressing either so I guess that's decent news.

Ross is trying to run and work out when possible and I have decided to hold off on the workouts until I have time to breathe again, hopefully this week. Justus is doing great. Learning new words and tricks everyday. He said his first prayer last night before our dinner with the Arrington's, it was so cute. He also wrapped his arms around Briley and then his legs too as he attempted to take her to the ground...this was not so cute. It seems like he is going to love contact sports whether we want him to or not.

Finally, as for me, I am excited about the changes in our future. I'm Sad and Mad about the poor choices of our girls. I'm Scared about the craziness that lies ahead. I'm Humbled by the work God is doing. and I am really Tired right now...off to rest.

There's lots of changes in our future and I will keep you posted on them as things are finalized and communicated to those that are affected by the changes.

1 comment:

Our Princess said...

Woohoo...can't wait to see all the changes God is working out for you all. Praying for all the parenting stuff, too! Love you guys!