
We are really enjoying having the same kids day in and day out. It has already allowed us to have some major conversations that we hadn't been able to have in the last couple years. The great thing is that these conversations came naturally in everyday life around here. One night as Candace and I were cooking dinner, she began telling me of a kid at her school doing '
shrooms. Anyway, that conversation led to her telling me that about 75% of the people at her school either were doing drugs or had at least tried them. I wanted to overreact and scream 75%! But, I held that in and tried to keep my cool. It was a wonderful conversation that ended with us talking about reasons why she should remain in the 25%. We also have been able to talk to Candace a lot about choosing her friends wisely and hopefully these conversations will pay off. I am really praying that God would provide her with one friend who is a passionate follower of Christ.
One thing we have been working with Lynn on is NOT burping inappropriately. So far, so good. We have offered him a trip (with Mr. Ross) to the science museum once he makes it 20 days without inappropriate burping. The first few days he forgot about the goal and burped at breakfast but now he is on a roll! He even left the kitchen and went into the bathroom to burp one day this week and I was so proud of him!

With Nick, since he is new to campus, there are many things we are working on but the major thing right now is trying to get him to do his best on homework and being honest about homework assignments. He now understands that no homework = no video games for the day so he too is on a roll! I guess one week without video games will do that to a teenage boy.
We all had a great time in the snow this weekend but we are definitely looking forward to spring break around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment