Friday, February 1, 2008
Steak, Limos & More
I've had a lot I have wanted to write about this week but I just haven't been able to find the time to do it. So, for now, I will fill you on what happened tonight. Our church, The People's Church, planned a huge birthday party for all of our kids. They also provided gift certificates to nice restuarants for all of us houseparents. So, while our kids had an amazing birthday party, we had steak, appetizers, desserts, etc at the restaurant of our choice! Dinner was wonderful, but let me just tell you about this birthday bash. The kids were picked up in LIMOS and taken to Jump Zone for the evening. At Jump Zone, the kids jumped for a while and then had a steak dinner catered by Logans. Next they played some crazy, messy games with doughnuts and pudding before enjoying cake, opening presents, more jumping and the limo ride back home. I only wish I had skipped dinner with the adults in order to see the kids partying like it was their birthday. What made the night extra special, as if it wasn't special enough already, was that 50 people from our church came and celebrated with the kids. As you can imagine, the kids were talking 100 miles/hour all at the same time when they returned home. Each telling stories of the bruises they had earned, the fun they had had, the snacks they had munched on, the competitions they had almost won, the fancy limos, and the yummy steak dinner. I truly believe it was a night that they will never forget. I bet the stories will be told and retold for years to come. Thank you People's Church for loving our kids in the name of Jesus Christ. Whether it's Sunday School, camp, this birthday party of Royal Family Kids Camp - you all make our kids feel welcome, accepted and loved and it means the world to me and to them too. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment