This trip was quite different from the others though since Justus was with us. While it was challenging on the airplane with him, it was worth it to get to have him on this adventure with us. Wade and Ann spent their days with Justus so that me, Ross, Jason and Jennifer could ski until we could no longer stand or the slopes were closed. One day they stayed at the condo but the other days they were out braving the cold weather and unpredictable behavior of a 15 month old! Once, they met us at the slopes and we all rode an enclosed lift up together to have lunch while watching skiiers head down the mountain. Another day, they took Justus on a sleigh ride through the Elk Refuge which I am sure he enjoyed since he loves dogs and creatures of all kinds.
As for the skiing, it was amazing! One day we were skiing in winds that were up to 80mph! The locals called it skiing in a "milk bottle". That was a great description because you couldn't see anything other than white at times. Even though we were skiing very close together, there were moments when I could see noone else and I was just sure that I was going to get lost on that mountain. While it was really scary, it was also a challenge and adventure that I will never forget. Actuallly, we loved the adventure so much that we went back up the lift to go again just before they shut the slopes down for the day since the wind was so bad. It was crazy and I loved it!
Thanks Jason and Jennifer for being such great ski pals and thanks to Wade and Ann for going with us and taking care of Justus. We can't wait to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment