One of the great things about living at TBCH is that we often get free tickets to hockey games, the circus, and occasionally Titans games. Today, I had the opportunity to go to the circus with a group of our kids and fellow houseparents on campus and it was a great show! I sat by one of our 11 year old boys and was fascinated by his thoughts on the circus. His first thoughts were about the well being of the animals. He told me he thought these animals would rather be living in their homes than being in cages and performing for us. Next, he told me he thought the people flying up high without nets below to catch them were "immature". I WAS SHOCKED! I thought this animal lover would love the circus and he did end up enjoying it but he definitely was more concerned with the well being of the animals and performers than he was himself just enjoying a good show. While I am still surprised, I am also proud of him for thinking of others before himself.
Anyone know the capital of South Dakota? (Email me at jennystevenson1@hotmail.com to redeem your prize if you actually know this off the top of your head) I certainly did not before studying all 50 states, capitals and postal abbreviations with one of our 5th graders. I am proud to say that she now knows all 50! Unfortunately, our 5th grader took her test unsuccessfully on Thursday and spent all of Friday learning the test information after her failed attempt. She is so excited that she knows them now that she plans to ask her teacher tomorrow if she can try again!
Please be praying for my friend Tristin Abair this week. She is having surgery tomorrow to have a rather large cyst removed and will be in the hospital 5-7 days to recover. Please pray for her and her family this week. The same 5th grade girl mentioned above came home from school asking about Tristin's doctor's appointment that day. I updated her on the upcoming surgery and gave her tiny details on the "what-ifs" and she was saddened by the news. As she prayed with me before bed that night, she prayed for Tristin, Jacob and then their little 16 month old girl, Briley. She said, "Lord, please take care of Briley. Thank you that she doesn't even know what's going on with her mom". Such a simple but brilliant prayer for a 10 year old. She didn't just bring a request of healing to God, she brought that request with a praise!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment