Wednesday, June 11, 2008

TGIS: Thank God it's Summer

I have only 5 minutes before I leave for my softball game so this will be quick. I must say with so many kids in the house, it's hard to get my turn on this computer! Anyway, I am loving summer. Having 7 kids during the summer is totally different than having 7 kids in the school year. We are having a blast together....
I didn't get this blog finished on Wednesday when I started it so it's Saturday night now and I am finally finishing it up.
We have been having a great time together. We swim, ride bikes, walk the dogs, play board games, eat dinner outside almost every night, watch movies, etc. This is when we get to breathe. This is when we get to have fun! I really think that I love summer more than the kids do! I know Justus is loving it too, he is really enjoying his play time with the big kids and is sleeping great...I think we are wearing him out with all of our fun! I have taken Justus to story time at the Library the last two weeks and he really seems to like it. He sits on his little mat (most of the time) and watches the older kids do the motions to the songs and then he gets closer when the book is being read. The story time ends with a craft time and Justus has done great using his glue stick and markers to make an astronaut and an alien.
One wonderful activity we did this week with all our kids was ride our bikes from campus to the trails at the YMCA. Ross and I led 9 of the kids on campus on this great bike ride. Justus rode with me in his little trailer which he absolutely loves! Once we got to our destination, I took 4 of the kids with me to splash around in the very, very shallow creek* while Ross rode those in better shape on more of the bike trail. Then we all rode back to campus and were hot and worn out. It was awesome!
*Credit goes to the Arrington's for inviting us to splash/throw rocks in the creek. Their boys loved it and it turns out our boys (and girls) do too.

Here's to looking forward to more summer fun next week...

No comments: