A fun, long weekend filled with a remote control airplane and cars, a family bike ride, lots of video games, 3 movies, evening walks around campus, a Ukraine mission trip meeting, and teenage driving...all came to an abrupt stop Tuesday morning before school began. Lynn woke up with the flu! YUCK! He was excited though that he didn't have to go to school today and was really, really glad that he didn't have to get a shot. We hope he will be feeling better soon and so does he because he was already bored by this afternoon. Please pray for Lynn's recovery and praise God for our continued good health.
Back to the weekend, it was a good weekend. Lynn and Nick hit it off immediately. They were glued to each other playing video games, driving remote control cars, shooting nerf guns, building stuff, etc. They seriously had a blast together. Saturday at dinner, Lynn said that he wished this day would never end because he was having so much fun. I pray that this continues to be a positive relationship for both of them.
Candace and I went to learn more about our mission trip to Ukraine. One thing we learned is that we leave in just 94 days which is so exciting! We will be collecting socks and other items to give as gifts to the orphans...more to come on this. I also let Candace practice driving in the church parking lot which she was so excited about! It reminded me of Rhonda (my big sis') teaching me to drive her little blue Sprint back when I was 14 I think. That was a great day and so was this one.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment